[NBLUG/talk] CDROM problem

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Mon Aug 21 12:30:23 PDT 2006

Hi there!  My dad is running Debian Linux on his machine at home, and
just received a CDROM full of MP3s which he's trying to listen to.

Unfortunately, when he inserts the disc and double-clicks the CDROM device
icon (under KDE), he gets an error mounting: "No media found," or some-such.

I recently helped him get his printer working again, which required mucking
with what /dev device it was using (/dev/usb/something/something, instead
of /dev/lpr, I think was what I had to change)

I'm guessing it may be a similar /dev fs change that's affecting him here,
but as I'm way down on the peninsula, and he's up in Cotati, I'd see if
someone from NBLUG would be willing to go to his place to give him a hand.

Thanks in advance!

--
-bill!
bill at newbreedsoftware.com