[NBLUG/talk] Unix/Linux class

Mark Street mark at oswizards.com
Mon Dec 4 10:37:01 PST 2006

On Sunday December 3 2006 11:11 pm, S. Saunders wrote:
> Speaking as someone who did SysAdmin for 20some years, I can't regard a
> GUI-only "*NIX Admin" as anything but a "Jr. Technician."   VERY junior,
> at that...

hehe, which is why they don't get to use any GUI tools in my courses.  They
don't even get to use X until they can figure out how to make it run from
scratch.... and then I go in and break it several different ways so they have
to fix it if they want to use it.....  Sick, Sick, Sick

I haven't done it in awhile so it should be fun!

--
Mark Street, D.C., RHCE
CTO Alliance Medical Center