[NBLUG/talk] GBLD (or similar)?

Kyle Rankin kyle at nblug.org
Wed Feb 8 13:52:19 PST 2006

On Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 01:45:46PM -0800, S. Saunders wrote:

> On Wed, February 8, 2006 13:12, Troy Arnold wrote:
>
> >  Compatability with the above is going to be hit or miss,
> > with more hits on Cedega.  All of the above options have
> > compatability lists available.
>
> What about native-Linux games (gaming ISN'T my big draw
> with computers, in case that doesn't show)?  Are they still
> pretty much tEh 5uXXX0rs for selection / excitement / etc?
>
> Does "gaming on Linux" largely still imply some sort of
> emulation or virtual engine, so that you're really running
> Windows games on MS-Win, on Linux?
>

> - Steve S.
>   who was suspecting as much, frankly
>   but is disappointed anyhow.    ;-/

It really depends on the games. FPS games seem to be at the forefront of
providing Linux ports. For instance all the Quake series, UT series and
Doom series have Linux ports. Apart from FPS there are some other games
with Linux ports but it varies just like it might if you ran a Mac.

--
Kyle Rankin
NBLUG President
kyle at nblug.org