[NBLUG/talk] GBLD (or similar)?

Troy Arnold troy at zenux.net
Wed Feb 8 15:03:33 PST 2006

On Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 02:43:19PM -0800, Kyle Rankin wrote:

> I'm not particularly sure what would make Gentoo more ideal for something
> like Quake or Doom, both run great on all the Debian and RedHat systems
> I've tried them on and most of these types of games use the same Loki
> installer that is pretty distro-agnostic.

A few years back a group of us used to hook up for LAN parties where the
games of choice were Return to Castle Wolfenstein (RTCW) and Unreal
Tournament.  I was completely stoked (and gained extra geek points) to be
able to play both games natively under Linux.  RTCW play under Windows and
Linux was indistinguisable, except for the fact that the Windows version
took longer to load initially and to populate the server list.

-troy