[NBLUG/talk] sparc/other at installfest

Chris Palmer chris at eff.org
Thu Feb 9 23:16:47 PST 2006

ck3k writes:

> I was curious if anyone has some old sun/sgi/hp hardware laying around
> they want to put linux/bsd on.

I've got some old Sun and SGI hardware I'd like to get rid of. :)

Sun Ultra1 Creator with UltraSPARC IIi 167MHz, dead video card (serial
console works), 448MB RAM, 9GB ? hard disk (SCA). Working Debian Sarge
install, IIRC. I'll give this machine away for free.

SGI O2 with MIPS R5000 200MHz ?, the video card that can drive the nice
wide flat panel LCD, the nice wide flat panel LCD, 512MB ? RAM, 9GB ?
disk (SCA) with Irix (I forget which version). NOTE: The CPU cache is
dead, and the machine will randomly crash. The CPU module needs to be
replaced before you can really use this machine. Although the CPU is
toasty, the LCD screen is worth something and the machine should work
fine once the CPU is replaced. Make an offer?

I also have a number of SCA disks laying around, various sizes.

--
https://www.eff.org/about/staff/#chris_palmer