[NBLUG/talk] Totem issues

Eric T. Landerville eric at reltechs.com
Tue Feb 21 18:04:23 PST 2006

William,
I am running Breezy Badger, fully updated and with the restricted codecs
installed. on my laptop and just tried the website you mention below.  I
get the embedded video, at least I think I do, it's just a spinning saw
blade(?), right?  But when I click the video link it closes out my
firefox.  This kind of sucks as I was in the middle of the gentoo
install document and had about 5 other pages open for research on it
(gentoo).  Oh, well all in the name of help.  So I started up firefox
via a terminal and here is the out put for your edification.  By the way
I have been using Breezy with firefox and totem pretty much since Breezy
came out and this is the first web site that this has happened to, even
'.wmv' files work fine after all of the codecs are installed.  Perhaps a
bug should be submitted, but to who? Ubuntu? Totem? Firefox?  Any way,
maybe just use mozilla-mplayer as Kyle suggests.

NP_Initialize
totem_plugin_new_instance
Init scriptable instance
mode 1
argv[0] src nightmare_anim.mov
argv[1] bgcolor 000000
argv[2] loop true
argv[3] controller false
argv[4] href index.html
argv[5] height 379
argv[6] width 375
plugin_get_value 14
plugin_set_window
about to fork
Launching: /usr/lib/totem/totem-mozilla-viewer --xid 46138740 --width
375 --height 379 --url http://www.robotcombat.com/nightmare_anim.mov
--href http://www.robotcombat.com/index.html --nocontrols fd://0
waiting for signal org.totem_29669.MozillaPluginService
Received notification for :1.5
Received notification for :1.5
Received notification for org.totem_29669.MozillaPluginService
Received notification for org.totem_29669.MozillaPluginService
Done forking, new proxy=0x8765508
leaving plugin_set_window
plugin_set_window
existing window
resize
leaving plugin_set_window
CMD line: /usr/lib/totem/totem-mozilla-viewer --xid 46138740 --width 375
--height 379 --url http://www.robotcombat.com/nightmare_anim.mov --href
http://www.robotcombat.com/index.html --nocontrols fd://0
plugin_new_stream
plugin_write_ready
plugin_write
plugin_write_ready
plugin_write
plugin_write_ready
plugin_write
plugin_write_ready
plugin_write
plugin_write_ready
plugin_write
plugin_write_ready
plugin_write
plugin_write_ready
plugin_write
plugin_write_ready
plugin_write
plugin_write_ready
plugin_write
plugin_write_ready
plugin_write
plugin_write_ready
plugin_write
plugin_write_ready
plugin_write
plugin_write_ready
plugin_write
plugin_write_ready
plugin_write
plugin_write_ready
plugin_write
plugin_write_ready
plugin_write
plugin_write_ready
plugin_write
plugin_write_ready
plugin_write
plugin_write_ready
plugin_write
plugin_write_ready
plugin_write
plugin_write_ready
plugin_write
plugin_write_ready
plugin_write
plugin_write_ready
plugin_write
plugin_write_ready
plugin_write
plugin_write_ready
plugin_write
plugin_write_ready
plugin_write
plugin_write_ready
plugin_write
plugin_write_ready
plugin_write
plugin_write_ready
plugin_write
plugin_write_ready
plugin_write
plugin_write_ready
plugin_write
plugin_write_ready
plugin_write
** Message: ret -1
plugin_destroy_stream
** Message: totem_embedded_open 'fd://0'
plugin_destroy
** Message: stop
Die scriptable instance
Segmentation fault