[NBLUG/talk] Totem issues

William Tracy afishionado at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 10:46:13 PST 2006

Duh, the Ubuntu wiki... *Bangs head* I should have looked there first. :-P

> But when I click the video link it closes out my
> firefox.  This kind of sucks as I was in the middle of the gentoo
> install document and had about 5 other pages open for research on it
> (gentoo).  Oh, well all in the name of help.

Sorry about that.

Well, I dropped in mplayer and the extra codecs as suggested. It plays
the spinning blade just fine, but all the other movies just play the
first frame, then are replaced by the message "stopped".
Right-clicking and selecting play just repeats that.

So, it *looks* like it's able to decode the file, but still isn't
wanting to play. Maybe if I fiddle with it some more, I'll figure it
out.

Thanks, everybody. We'll get us another Linux convert yet. ;-)
William