[NBLUG/talk] Linux hackers wanted

Zsolt Haraszti zsolt at clovissolutions.com
Mon Jan 2 23:57:28 PST 2006

Hi NBLUGgers,

I work for a Petaluma-based startup, Clovis Solutions, and I am looking
for some true hackers (in the Paul Graham sense) to extend my fledgling
team.  We have some very interesting Linux projects (some in the works
and more planned), for which I am looking for some helping hands.

This is primarily a full-time, permanent position, paying around 60-100k
(depending on expertise and experience).  I attach below the official
job description.  If you are interested, please let us know by sending
your resume to usjobs at clovissolutions dot com.

/zsolt

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

`Clovis Solutions Inc. <http://www.clovissolutions.com>`__ (Petaluma,
CA, USA)

**Job Description**:

Expanding medium size communication software startup is looking for
energetic, innovative, multi-skilled software engineers for its Demo Lab
in Petaluma CA.

Responsibilities
      * Work on short and medium size projects related to the
        validation, demonstration, and enhancements of our flagship
        manageability and high availability software suite
      * Validate our software suite in a variety of system settings
      * Port/adapt open source and 3rd-party applications to our
        software suite
      * Define, develop, and maintain complete demonstration and
        reference systems
      * Adapt our software suite to a number of embedded hardware and OS
        platforms
      * Participate and/or lead customer-specific enhancement projects
      * Develop software prototypes for concept validation
      * Run software demonstrations for customers and at trade shows
      * Have the capability to define and execute above projects

Qualifications
Must have:
      * Master or Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Electrical
        Engineering
      * 6+ years of work experience in software development
      * Outstanding programming skills in C and/or Python
      * Proficient in Linux/Unix environments, including scripting,
        build tools, code revision systems, kernel programming and
        build
      * Experience with LAN network configuration and system management
      * Experience with rapid prototyping
      * Excellent learning capabilities
      * Self-reliant
      * Capability to multitask
      * Team player
      * Flexible working hours
Bonus:
      * Familiarity with Linux distributions (Red Hat, Fedora, Gentoo,
        Debian, MontaVista) and package management
      * XML programming experience (DOM, XSLT, expat, libxml, SAX) in C
        and/or Python
      * GUI design and implementation in Python
      * Familiarity with one or more of the following: Distributed
        computing, Middleware, High availability, Communication
        software, IDE’s, Eclipse, SNMP, DMTF, SM, CLP, SMASH, Database
      * Embedded systems experience
Benefits
      * Competitive salary
      * Stock options
      * Flexible working hours
      * Excellent team
      * Health coverage
      * 401k plan

**What Python is used for**:
      * Prototyping new concepts
      * Automating test and validation procedures
      * Development of GUI front-ends that visualizes the inner working
        of the system
      * XML-RPC demo clients and diagnostic utilities
      * Python-based embedded scripting engine