OT : Re: [NBLUG/talk] job?

Augie Schwer augie.schwer at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 08:15:43 PST 2006

On 1/12/06, Aaron Grattafiori <nite at sonic.net> wrote:
> note: ((I guess this qualifies as a question.. though im sure this isn't
> the intent of this list, so.. i apologise in advance if this is the
> wrong thing to do.))

Aaron, prefacing your subject with "OT" (off topic) is a polite way to
make off topic posts, that way people can skip it if they are not
interested in off topic posts. We also have a "noise" list for off
topic posts, but so far that really hasn't been very popular:

> I was wondering if anyone out there knew of any job openings involving
> tech support, linux, junior sys admin stuff, internships, networking,
> etc...

There have been a flurry of job posts recently; I would follow up with
those. My experience has been that employers always put more on their
requirements list than what they would settle for. If nothing else you
get the experience of interviewing and you make some future contacts,
all very useful for your career in the future.

Check out the Sonic.net jobs page:

http://sonic.net/jobs/

and tell them I sent you (that goes for the rest of you; referral
bonus w00t!) :) .

Augie.

--
Registered Linux user #229905