[NBLUG/talk] Networking newbie

Dean A. Roman droman at romansys.com
Thu Jan 12 09:34:54 PST 2006

For IP forwarding, check out /etc/network/options
  Set "ip_forward=yes" .

I'm not sure why your getting a dhcp dynamic address or what box is
serving it, but something is running dhclient at boot..check your
/etc/init.d scripts and your /var/log/syslog.
My guess is, eth0 get's configured static at boot, then reconfigured by
dhclient moments later.
Since this machine will never want to grab a dynmic address, you could
probaly uninstall dhclient.

Thanks,
    ---Dean.