[NBLUG/talk] Networking newbie

Ron Wickersham rjw at alembic.com
Thu Jan 12 10:13:26 PST 2006

hi William,

i would write it this way and see if it works.

auto lo
iface l0 inet loopback

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static

i've always seen it written that way in debian boxes that work.
just reviewed some documentation that suggests that what you wrote
with multiple interfaces mentioned are ok for a stanza.    but
what one person's stanza is may be different than another person's