[NBLUG/talk] WRT54G (or, "oh !$@*&$# -- I *missed* the key meeting(s)")

Stephen Cilley hydro_mancer at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 12 11:17:15 PST 2006

So with HyperWRT and everything completely default,
will it "just run"... really?  You'll have to excuse
my incredulity.  I'm still a linux newb and I don't
think I've found a single thing that went anywhere
near easily in everything I've ever done with linux
(not to say it wasn't fun/worth it, just wasn't easy.)
I guess what I mean to ask is will it default to
putting the network and the internet connection on the
wifi and broadcast ssid (I know it's bad, I just mean,
if I get really lost will I at least be able to get on
and look at it?)
I guess this could be a good move, though.  I couldn't
get WPA to work on my linux box with the linksys
software, maybe this will do the trick.
Stephen