[NBLUG/talk] Network Install HTTP/FTP Fedora Core 5

S. Saunders sms at sonic.net
Thu Jul 6 12:26:23 PDT 2006

On Mon, July 3, 2006 17:45, Mark Street wrote:

> but I am still getting an error that the installer cannot find the
> repomd.xml file.

I never did this, but I've waded my way through more than a few
new-to-me installations that didn't work as-documented...

Have you run a "find..." for the file?  Maybe it "oopsed" into the
wrong place, or the installer is looking in the wrong place for the
file (I've seen such errors before, 'specially with new versions) .

Does it say *where* it wants repomd.xml?  Maybe there's an oddity
with the file it created -- accidentally left off the ".xml" or wrote it as
".html" or what have you...

Have you Googled for the error-message?  Have you Googled for
"repomd.xml"?

Last but not least... you may have RTFM, but did you get the computer
to RTFM?  In particular, "grep repomd.xml *TFM*" (or similar)...

Best of luck!

- Steve S.