[NBLUG/talk] WEP with debian laptop

Ron Wickersham rjw at alembic.com
Fri Jul 14 13:16:59 PDT 2006

On Fri, 14 Jul 2006, E Frank Ball wrote:

> Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 11:50:12 -0700
> From: E Frank Ball <frankb at frankb.us>
> To: talk at nblug.org
> Subject: Re: [NBLUG/talk] WEP with debian laptop
>
> OK I got the wireless card working with WEP by using this command:
>
> iwconfig eth0 essid XXXXXXXXXXXXXX key XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
>
> Can this be put in a config file somewhere?

---snip---

hi Frank,

i put stuff like that in /etc/rc2.d/S99local
we run a lot of debian on the sonoma county coop wireless network relays
and resort to these files where other configuration options don't exist
(or are unknown to us).

if you haven't bought a copy of Martin Krafft's No Starch book "The
Debian System" i highly recommend it, learned a lot from it on the
networking startup scrips and the Debian way even after using Deb for
a long time.

-ron

--
/~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign