[NBLUG/talk] Panel Discussion Ideas?

S. Saunders sms at sonic.net
Mon Jul 17 14:40:43 PDT 2006

On Mon, July 17, 2006 13:36, Kyle Rankin wrote:

> * Linux Mail Client Roundup
> * Wicked Cool Multimedia Applications
> * Desktop Panel Applets

How 'bout:

 * Hardware Compatibilty -- problem-spots, "fixes" coming down the pipe,
best approach(es) if you run into HC issues, etc...  WiFi, for example,
seems to be a frequently-asked-about topic on nblug-talk.  I know that
Winmodems are still a problem (but I havent looked for a while, so it's
not clear how MUCH of a problem); etc...  What others?

 * Performance Tuning -- how to profile /your/ system and /your/ usage,
find out where the bottlenecks are, and strategies to best fix 'em.
Where's the biggest bang for the dollar and the hour invested?

- Steve S.