[NBLUG/talk] Panel Discussion Ideas?

S. Saunders sms at sonic.net
Mon Jul 17 14:55:55 PDT 2006

On Mon, July 17, 2006 14:34, Kyle Rankin wrote:

> I suppose this is a possibility. We /did/ do a firefox extensions panel
> back in January 2005
> (http://nblug.org/pipermail/announce/2005q1/000128.html)
> but if everyone thinks enough time has passed since then that
> could be a possibility.

D'you still have the presentation-materials?  I couldn't find 'em on the
site (but I didn't look very hard...) .

If not, why not?

If you do... how much is still the same?
18 months is a LONG time in the world of the 'fox...  ;-)

FWIW, mine currently are:
IE Tab, Adblock Plus (w/ Filterset.G Updater), Flashblock, HistoryMenu,
TabMixPlus, DownloadManager.

I'm looking seriously at:
NoScript (maybe replacing Flashblock?), SiteAdvisor, PasswordMaker, and
one or both of NetCraft or Google's anti-Phishing tools.

Speaking of anti-phishing:  in a recent, largely pro-Linux review, MS's
IE7beta had a notable win over FF2beta in the anti-phishing category;
MSIE7 spotted 3 of 4 phishing sites, while FF2 only spotted 1 of the 4.
Hopefully, FF will have caught up (or gone further!) by the time it comes
out of beta!

- Steve S.