[NBLUG/talk] Server-side spam filtering?

E Frank Ball frankb at frankb.us
Sat Jul 22 18:31:53 PDT 2006

On Sat, Jul 22, 2006 at 02:59:15PM -0700, Lincoln Peters wrote:
} I've set up my computer to download e-mail from my SBC account to a maildir
} folder (using getmail--a program that's similar to fetchmail but supports
} maildir).  I can then access my e-mail using IMAP (running Dovecot), either
} on the local system or on my laptop.  It seems to work fine except for spam
} filtering--the mail applications on both computers offer spam-filtering, but
} I don't think I'll get consistent results unless I can do spam-filtering on
} the server side.
}
} Thus far, I've been able to configure getmail to pipe incoming mail through
} SpamAssassin, so that incoming messages get the appropriate "Spam" headers
} (and in the case of actual spam, the summary).  What I haven't figured out is
} how to make it deliver spam to my "junk" folder instead of my inbox (right
} now I've set up KMail to run the "Spam handling" filter on the inbox but not
} the SpamAssassin check--at least for now it's keeping my inbox clean!).

Filtering to a spambox after spamassassin/dspam/crm114 is
usually done via procmail:

:0

Or something like that (this is mbox format, not mailbox format).

  Frank Ball  frankb at frankb.us