[NBLUG/talk] Good hardwar vendors (was Missing ReiserFS superblock!)

Lincoln Peters petersl at sonoma.edu
Wed Jul 26 23:30:23 PDT 2006

On Jul 25, 2006, at 11:48 AM, Lincoln Peters wrote:
> As I think about the options, I think I'd rather avoid taking my
> chances with the rebate nastiness and go with whichever product is
> least expensive BEFORE rebate.  Thus the drive from Buy.com looks
> like the best option.

I ordered the drive from Buy.com this morning.  The website said it
would ship in 1-2 business days, so with any luck, it will arrive
before the weekend, and I'll be able to take a more serious stab at
recovering that ReiserFS filesystem.

Still a few things I'd like to get advice on from the list, but not
in this discussion thread...

--
Lincoln "The DiskBuster" Peters
<petersl at sonoma.edu>

"All God's children are not beautiful.  Most of God's children are,
in fact,
barely presentable."
-- Fran Lebowitz