[NBLUG/talk] Electronic format to audio

Chris Wagner chriswagner at amyskitchen.net
Mon Jul 31 15:24:55 PDT 2006

I should add that I've had experience dealing with these issues
personally and can probably help a bit more as needed.  Feel free to
contact me off-list and we can discuss things in detail and work towards
a complete solution.  Your grandmother will probably want to be as
independent as possible in this and may not be interested in using the
computer if it requires help every time she wants to read a book.

As Ron Wickersham just pointed out, Gnome offers excellent accessibility
software for users with limited vision, generally using  Gnopernicus.
The screen reading and screen magnification features are quite useful.

I'm going to start looking for my notes on the Accessibility in Linux
talk that I gave awhile back, I originally promised to put these up on
the web, but never got around to it.

- Chris Wagner