[NBLUG/talk] Mouse Server

Andrew argonaut at gmx.co.uk
Thu Jun 1 17:54:38 PDT 2006

Nat W. wrote on Wed, 31 May 2006 19:57:22 -0700:

> So I am going away next year, and I will be living in an area
> with very little physical space (ie college dorm :p ) but what
> I am hoping to do is scrounge around and build a small,
> hopefully fan-less, server to store my files on.

Well, it doesn't meet all your requirements, but you might want
to have a look at the KuroBox
( http://rootprompt.org/article.php3?article=9944 ). It's
essentially a headless Linux server about the size of an external
drive case. As is, it has room for only one drive inside, but
I've heard of people modding the case to fit a second drive. It
also has a USB 2.0 port for external drives, printers, flash
drives, etc.

A.