[NBLUG/talk] Second NBLUG.org Linux on Xbox link redirects to Microsoft.com (in FireFox)

A.C. ac at sonic.net
Wed Mar 15 09:06:21 PST 2006

Greetings,

I stopped by www.nblug.org this morning and saw that my talk on putting
Linux on an Xbox had been posted on nblug.org/presentations and linked
to from the homepage, so I gave it a click.  The next thing I knew I was
sitting at www.microsoft.com, bewildered how I could have gotten there.
The first link on the nblug.com homepage page worked fine, but the link
below URL: was going somewhere that any good Linux users group should
never promote on their homepage. :)

It turns out that there's an extra http:// in the second link, and while
Konqueror just displays your typical "An error occurred", Firefox must
decide to try and be smart about it because it appears to be redirecting
to Google via an  "I'm feeling lucky" search which lands at
microsoft.com.  It was worth a laugh, but that should probably get fixed
soon.  :)

By the way, if anyone has any questions about the MythTV aspects or
anything else in the presentation I couldn't touch on last night due to
time constraints / real-time breakage, please feel free to start a
discussion here and I'll do what I can to reply.  As noted, the outline
view of my guide has a lot of extra information and links that may be
useful to you, so take a look if you're interested.

Thanks,

A.C.
******