[NBLUG/talk] Borked sendmail.mc file

Steve Johnson gnuguy at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 08:45:34 PST 2006

Some how I messed my sendmail.mc up.  So I am asking if anyone out
there has a working sendmail.mc file that supports smtpauth doesn't
open me up for relays =)

I'm running debian stable, so this needs to be off of a debian box,
for some reason the sendmail.mc files from sendmail.org wont work for
me.

He is what the problems that I am having are.

1) SMTP AUTH/SASL wont authenticate.. Everything looks right, but if I
look at the log files when someone tries to authenticate, it says a
possible SMTP hack has occured. *shrug*
2) I can't send mail from the local machine.  So if I log into this
box, and try to send mail via mutt or ever directly through sendmail,
it sits in a queue wiht a defered error also says 127.0.0.1 connection
refused, but I can telnet to 127.0.0.1 on this box and hand enter an
e-mail and it sends just fine.  This has something to do with teh
/var/spool/mqueue-client and MSP queue.

If anyone has any ideas, or a working debian sendmail.mc, I would
really appreciate your help.

Thanks.

-Steve

--
      "Knowing others is wisdom, knowing your self is Enlightenment."
                                                   -- Lao-Tzu