[NBLUG/talk] Universities

William Tracy afishionado at gmail.com
Wed May 3 16:45:07 PDT 2006

Sorry, everybody, for not writing anything back sooner.

I finally accepted Cal Poly, for those who are curious.

I'm getting *really* sick of the general education classes at the JC.
I wanna do more programming and fewer essays on The Politically
Correct Topic of the Week. ;-) I have managed to get some coding in,
though.

Last summer I put together a computer algebra system applet
(http://cas.dev.java.net) as an independent study project (BTW, if
anyone needs quick access to graph mathematical functions, here it
is!). This year I'm writing the control software for some Lego robots
to enter into the MESA/Agilent competition, and I'm getting together a
proposal for Google Summer of Code
(http://wiki.java.net/bin/view/People/WilliamTracy -- wish me luck!).

So, yeah, I have been programming. :-)

BTW, this Sunday (Day Under the Oaks) we're organizing a robot fight
in the SRJC cafeteria. Free admission for the public to watch, $5-$10
to enter a robot. Come root for my team in the Lego sumo division.
AFAIK, we're the only team using all Open Source software!

Hit up http://www.santarosa.edu/about_srjc/day-under-the-oaks/ for info.

William