[NBLUG/talk] Missing Oracle driver for Perl DBI

Lincoln Peters sampln at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 29 19:12:23 PDT 2006

It seems that the Oracle driver for the Perl DBI was included on the lab
computers at SSU (at least in the Salazar labs), but it doesn't seem to
be present on my Debian/testing box (and the DBI doesn't seem to be
included at all on MacOS X).  And I can't figure out which Debian
package (if any) provides the Oracle driver for the Perl DBI!

Do I actually need to install Oracle in order to get the Oracle driver
for the Perl DBI?  Or is there another way?

By the way, "libdbd-anydata-perl" seems to be broken under
Debian/testing, judging from the error message I got when running the
driver-probing script from the book _Programming the Perl DBI_:

Driver: AnyData
Undefined subroutine &Symbol::gensym called at
/usr/lib/perl5/DBD/File.pm line 130.

--
Lincoln Peters
<sampln at sbcglobal.net>

He that would govern others, first should be the master of himself.