[NBLUG/talk] Re: [vox] [fwd] Hans Reiser in police custody

E Frank Ball frankb at frankb.us
Thu Oct 12 13:32:37 PDT 2006

On Thu, Oct 12, 2006 at 01:02:23PM -0700, Jacob Appelbaum wrote:
 > Steve Johnson wrote:
 > > Jacob Appelbaum wrote:
 > >
 > >> I think we should setup some sort of support for the guy, we'd probably
 > >> want to talk to his lawyer. Something that could raise money for his
 > >> legal defense seems appropriate.
 > >
 > > Why? Do you know he is innocent?
 >
 > No. I do not know that he is innocent. Similarly, I don't know that he
 > is guilty. I've heard a bunch of different unsubstantiated rumors at best.

I don't know either, but I'm not at the point where I'm
going to start sending money.

 > Personally, I think the police make mistakes, coincidences happen,
 > people can be setup, other unexplained elements may be at play. The back
 > story to this issue is like a bad made-for-TV-movie.

Personally I think the police are lazy.  The husband is
always the first suspect, and if they find the slighest
shred of evidence to support that theory they quit looking
elsewhere.

Check out this story for some bizare details:

http://cbs5.com/localwire/localfsnews/bcn/2006/09/13/n/HeadlineNews/HOME-SEARCHED/resources_bcn_html

   E Frank Ball                frankb at frankb.us