[NBLUG/talk] Re: [vox] [fwd] Hans Reiser in police custody

Walter Hansen gandalf at sonic.net
Thu Oct 12 14:51:28 PDT 2006

> Steve Johnson wrote:
> It's pretty amazing to me that the response from the so called
> "community" is to condemn him without seeing any facts, to make jokes
> about the entire situation and basically act as if he's scum because the
> police "usually arrest people for murder for a reason."

It's really no different than your next door neighbor getting arrested. We
really don't know the guy. We really don't know if he is guilty or
Innocent. The only reason people want to help support legal funds for
arrested people is because they are 'celebrities'. Donating money like
that gives you a chance to participate in something bigger than yourself.
When did we see the last legal fund for a Latin man accused of a gang
murder? From my point of view if I have no idea of the mans innocence, I
have no business whatsoever contributing to any legal defense fund. I
could just as easily be putting my money up to try and put a murderer on
the street as free an innocent man. He'll face the courts just as everyone
else does. He'll get his fair shake. Even appointed council is not bad,
but paid is generally better. If he and his family have the money I'm sure
they'll invest it in him if they believe he did not do it. Myself I didn't
even know that's why the file system was named that.