[NBLUG/talk] Strange problem with Fedora Core 5 (font problem?) ...

Jeff Coffler jeff-list-nblug_talk at taltos.com
Fri Oct 13 17:26:17 PDT 2006

Troy Arnold wrote:

>> Any ideas at all?  I'd hate to reinstall the box if I could possibly fix
>> it ...
>>

> Try moving your ~/.gtkrc* files out of the way.  (If you know how, you may
> try editing them by hand and specifying a different font.)

No difference (other than, at login, I got a dialog box of rectangles
that I couldn't read).

I should add:

1) I tried logging into an account that had never logged into the
console before.  It, too, had the font problem (for lack of a better
thing to call it), and

2) While the ~/.gtkrc* files may have helped my account, there's still
the issue of the login console itself (see
    https://webdav.taltos.com/fc5.jpg ).  I'd think that my own private
.* files wouldn't affect the *system* console ...

Thanks for your suggestion, though!

Any other ideas, by chance?

    -- Jeff