[NBLUG/talk] audit messages from FC5

Roger House rhouse at sonic.net
Sat Oct 14 16:11:37 PDT 2006

I am a newbie finding my around Fedora Core 5.  For the second time the
following has happened:  Suddenly as I'm typing away at the command line,
text begins streaming down the screen.  All the messages look much like
this:

        audit(1160866461.981:85): avc: denied  { execheap } for pid 5130
                comm="ld-linux.xo.2"
                scontext=system_u:system_r:crond_t:s0
                tcontext=system_u:system_r:crond_t:s0
                tclass=process

However, some say "granted" instead of "denied" and some say "execstack"
or "execmem" instead of "execheap".  I would very much like to know what
this is all about.

Roger House