[NBLUG/talk] audit messages from FC5

Jeff Coffler jeff-list-nblug_talk at taltos.com
Sat Oct 14 19:06:54 PDT 2006

From: "William Tracy" <afishionado at gmail.com>

> Now I'm curious ... does anybody know if Fedora uses the SELinux
> patches on its kernels these days? My understanding was the those
> patches were basically only useful for the more paranoid of us, not
> something you'd include in a stock kernel.

SELinux is enabled, by default, in Fedora Core 5.  You can disable it
trivially, but it is enabled by default.

I needed to disable it cuz' it didn't work with the MythTV backend, and I
didn't bother figuring out how to fix it.  It is rather nice, though,
especially if you have any services that are outward facing to the Internet
... it did some cool stuff.

    -- Jeff