[NBLUG/talk] UPS for brownouts

William Tracy afishionado at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 10:27:53 PDT 2007

On 8/12/07, Eric Eisenhart <eric at nblug.org> wrote:
> What you're describing, though, is a UPS with voltage regulation included (a
> line interactive UPS).  Look for "line interactive", "automatic voltage
> regulation" or "AVR" in the description of the UPS.

Thanks, that's what I'm looking for. :-)

> Make sure to include surge protection for the modem and/or ethernet
> connections.

I can see that for phone line, but would it really be necessary for ethernet?

> And, of course, ignore the people at best buy and look at the boxes the
> UPSes come in.  :)

Yeah, my sister and my mom went shopping without me...

Thanks!
--
William Tracy
afishionado at gmail.com -- wtracy at calpoly.edu

I'm right now looking for a summer software engineering internship in
northern California! My resume is online here:
http://wiki.java.net/bin/view/People/WilliamTracy