[NBLUG/talk] UPS for brownouts

Walter Hansen gandalf at sonic.net
Mon Aug 13 16:20:27 PDT 2007

On the inexpensive side, I've got a couple APC UPSes free or cheap
(because they no longer worked well) and then just replaced the
batteries with ones from HSC. HSC also takes in the old batteries for
free. Just make sure that the UPC actually lights up and isn't dead
dead. There are a ton of these things that get tossed when the battery
goes. There's a pallet full of them at the goodwill where house right
now, but I don't know if you can buy them. I think the batteries are
typically $20-30.