[NBLUG/talk] New Inspiron 1420n

William Tracy afishionado at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 12:31:26 PDT 2007

On 8/19/07, Steve Johnson <srj at adnd.com> wrote:
> I have a Dell M120, which did not come with ubuntu, but I installed it
> shortly after getting the laptop..  I never knew hitting that home
> button would pull up RythemBox.

I wouldn't be too quick to assume that the default keybinding would be
the same as on my machine without actually checking it.

> If anyone knows how to change the application that his button lanches,
> let me know :) I would love to change it to Amarok, which is my music
> player of choice

It's not hard. Google picked up an article right away:
http://linux.about.com/library/cmd/blcmdl5_keymaps.htm

I use vim enough that I've been considering remapping my caps lock key
to act as a second escape key. :-)

> I recently read (On Digg I think) that Dells linux based computer
> sales have 30,000+  I think that is a good sign!

Awesome!

BTW, I was impressed to see that a few weeks ago they released an XPS
machine (Dell's line of gaming computers) with Ubuntu preinstalled. I
did not expect that.

--
William Tracy
afishionado at gmail.com -- wtracy at calpoly.edu

I'm right now looking for a summer software engineering internship in
northern California! My resume is online here:
http://wiki.java.net/bin/view/People/WilliamTracy