[NBLUG/talk] CD collections

Walter Hansen gandalf at sonic.net
Mon Dec 10 10:54:45 PST 2007

If people want to get fussy, I'd suggest .flac which is a Lossless format.
I've got some stuff in that format and it sounds fine; not that I could
really tell. For my personal use though I tend to rip stuff in 320/VBR
(Variable Bit Rate). VBR speeds up and slows down to match the complexity
of the music. Most of the devices I've played on support this and it has a
very high quality. I have a nice mp3 playing CD deck in the car. I wish it
would handle DVD(+/-)Rs though. I fit about 12 albums on a CD.

--
"There probably isn't any meaning in life. Perhaps you can find something
interesting to do while you are alive." — Orochimaru (Naruto)