[NBLUG/talk] Kubuntu v. Ubuntu

mendozae at sonoma.edu mendozae at sonoma.edu
Sun Dec 30 15:01:48 PST 2007

I'm trying to put together a laptop online to my specs. But when it comes
to choosing the OS, I'm asked if I want Kubuntu or Ubuntu or something
else.

What is the essential difference between K & U? I'm trying to figure out
what works best for me and my family because the three of us will be using
it. I'm a political science student at SSU but we will all be using the
same machine at one time or another; the machine will rarely rest. I will
be taking notes in class. We need blue tooth wireless card for the
Internet (or compatible) and will be using either OpenOffice, NeoOffice,
or StarOffice.

Thanks again,

Edward