[NBLUG/talk] JTAG Anyone?

Robert P. Thille list-nblug-talk at rangat.org
Fri Feb 16 10:47:12 PST 2007

I'm interested in getting into JTAG so I can get an embedded board
(Ceiva 2 - http://www.rangat.org/rthille/Computer/Ceiva2/ ) that I'm
interested in getting Linux or NetBSD running on.  The trouble is, I
can't figure out a way to break into any sort of bootloader over the
serial port it's got.  So I need JTAG to flash it with a bootloader.

I've looked around and it looks like there are two approaches to JTAG,
parallel (cheap) and USB (mostly expensive or very expensive).  I did
find a pretty cheap USB->JTAG adapter which is supposed to work with the
GNU toolchain. http://www.amontec.com/jtagkey-tiny.shtml  One possible
problem is they only seem to only support ARM & Xscale procs at this
time on the jtagkey-tiny.

It's 29 Euro, but since it's coming from Switzerland, the shipping is
another 27.1 Euro.  So, I'm interested in finding out if anyone else
wants one and we can split the shipping.  I'll front the money, take the
risk, etc...

Let me know if you're interested, even if you'd be interested in one of
their other products that supports MIPS.

Robert

--
Robert Thille                7575 Meadowlark Dr.; Sebastopol, CA 95472
Home: 707.824.9753    Office/VOIP: 707.780.1560     Cell: 707.217.7544