[NBLUG/talk] Copying Password and Group files

Todd Cary todd at aristesoftware.com
Sun Jan 14 11:42:42 PST 2007

I am bringing up a new server to replace my current one.  To copy the
/home directory and other important ones containing data, I am using
rsync.  However, I need to make sure all of the users are on the
destination server and would like to know if there is some easy way to
copy all entries above 499.  Since I do not have many users above 499, I
have done it manually, but I would like to know it there is a better way.

Todd

--
Ariste Software
2200 D Street Ext