[NBLUG/talk] Refilling toner cartridges

Lincoln Peters sampln at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 29 19:13:58 PST 2007

On Sunday 28 January 2007 18:21, mike wrote:
> I found the cost of a new cartridge for a 4L to be not much more than a
> refill. Be careful, a used cartridge may give you trouble, then you've
> spent your budget and still cannot print. (I hated that)

OK, so if I buy new cartridges instead, any advice on what to do with the old
catridges?

> I solved this problem (got mine used, then used it for 5 years myself)
> and the rainbow problem with my inkjet by getting an HP2605dn. Although
> it's expensive, costs are coming down now and it's quite nice. Works
> well in CUPS.

I'm not prepared to let go of this printer yet.  While I might be able to save
money in the long run by buying a new printer that takes less expensive
cartridges, at the moment I can't afford a new printer.

--
Lincoln Peters		<sampln at sbcglobal.net>

Fortune favors the lucky.