[NBLUG/talk] Severe memory leaks in Xorg?

Lincoln Peters sampln at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 20 17:32:49 PDT 2007

When I run "top", I thought the following to be of particular interest:

 4229 root      16   0 2406m 245m 1796 R 23.9 27.7 105:04.25 Xorg

It would appear that, after running for about 3 days, Xorg has somehow managed
to occupy over 2GB of memory!  I don't see any logical reason for Xorg to
require 2GB of memory, so I'm guessing that some sort of particularly nasty
memory leaks are at work here.

Any ideas as to what's going on?

--
Lincoln Peters		<sampln at sbcglobal.net>

... A booming voice says, "Wrong, cretin!", and you notice that you
have turned into a pile of dust.