[NBLUG/talk] vmplayer configuration question

Jack Smith jack.delbert at gmail.com
Sat May 5 09:11:26 PDT 2007

OK, looks the the most direct way to get a windows partition running is to
load vmplayer and create an image at easyvmx.com.  Of course, it can't be
that easy.  I installed vmplayer using the .rpm and then ran the configure
program.  A few prompts down, I get the message

What is the location of the directory of C header files that match your
running
kernel? [/usr/src/linux/include]

using the default I get

The directory of kernel headers (version 2.6.17-prep) does not match your
running kernel (version 2.6.18-1.2239.fc5).  Even if the module were to
compile
successfully, it would not load into the running kernel.

So... where do I go to find the right kernel headers?

Thanks,
Jack

--
English doesn't borrow from other languages -- English follows other
languages down dark alleys and takes what it wants.