[NBLUG/talk] Sharing my Ubuntu HP printer on my home office network

Christopher Wagner waggie at waggie.net
Wed Oct 3 11:14:59 PDT 2007

Actually, I just looked, Ubuntu does not share printers by default
(probably a good thing).

System -> Administration -> Printing
Pick the "Global Settings" menu and "Share Printers".
After that follow Bob's instructions for adding an Internet printer in
Windows.
(ie: http://<ipaddress>:631/printers/<queuename>)

That should do the trick.
This way, you're avoiding Windows networking altogether (which is adding
an unnecessary layer of complication).

Hope that helps!

- Chris