[NBLUG/talk] More OpenLDAP....

Lincoln Peters sampln at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 19 21:44:59 PDT 2007

On Sep 18, 2007, at 7:40 AM, Joey Moe wrote:

> Thanks for the response Lincoln! I got it working fine under Ubuntu
> Server 7.04. I even was able to migrate my passwd and group files
> into LDIF and add them into the directory. But I am trying to
> replace the NIS server with OpenLDAP and this is as far as I can
> get. When I start looking at the pam-ldap and nss-ldap files from
> padl.com I run into trouble trying to login into the machine. My
> Ultimate goal is to get sendmail authenticating against the LDAP
> directory for mail delivery.I was just wondering if anyone else
> might have any experience with either of these two files. I'd be
> happy to show you how I got OpenLDAP to work and how I populated the
>  directory.
My experience with ApacheDS was limited; I had been asked to figure
out why Apache Jetspeed didn't work with LDAP, so I needed an LDAP
server to test it against (I was working over the summer for a
company that contributes to the Jetspeed project).  But I have
thought about rolling out a suite of web-based services that would
use LDAP as a common authentication mechanism, so I may be revisiting
it in the next few weeks.

As far as any specific schema that might be needed by different
services---well, all I can tell you about right now is the schema
used by Apache Jetspeed.

--
Lincoln Peters  <sampln at sbcglobal.net>

A year spent in artificial intelligence is enough to make one believe
in God.