[NBLUG/talk] WPA2 with an OLPC laptop?

Molly Fisher molly at fisher-studio.com
Sun Apr 6 17:00:30 PDT 2008

Upgrading to a new build is really easy. If you get a developer key,
you can use the joyride builds which support WPA and WPA2 already,
afaik. Every now and then you'll get an unstable joyride, but they
turn out another one really quickly so you won't be stuck for long.
Any reflashing back to the old build is just a matter of rebooting
with the O game pad button depressed.

You always have your year of T-mobile if you need to get online to
upgrade. It's not hard to find open wi-fi with the XO-- from my
kitchen I can only see two other networks with my Powerbook, but the
XOs can see about six, two of which are not encrypted at all.

Molly