[NBLUG/talk] Very slow internal website on my home computer

Sean seanvanco at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 17:58:32 PDT 2008

Well, I tried the IP address you gave me (using sonic.net DSL), and it
timed out for both iceweasel and links, and pinging the IP got no
response (nor did it fail, so that's inconclusive). I've got to start
asking questions at the basic level, so please forgive me if you've
already checked.

Knowing Comcast, they don't make static IPs easy to get, so are you on
a dynamic IP address?

If so, did you double check to make sure your IP address didn't
change? Normally with DHCP when you swap out a router your IP has a
good chance of changing, even if you've had the old IP for awhile.
Have you considered using the free dyndns.org service to get around
not having a static IP?

It could be possible that something on the router isn't properly
configured, but it might help troubleshooting to enable the respond to
ping so we can see that it's at least up.

If you come up with a different IP or change the router settings,
please give us and update and I'll try again.

Sean