[NBLUG/talk] HP 2133 Mini-Note PC- models

derf at sonic.net derf at sonic.net
Mon Apr 14 13:46:01 PDT 2008

With my Asus EEE 4g I do a lot of scrolling around on certain websites,
and excessive flash websites are sometimes a pain. Luckily, the ratio of
Useful Content to Flash is still pretty constant on the web so I don't use
a lot of those (exceptions: homestarrunner.com and youtube. Youtube works
fine, as does homestar with browser running fullscreen)

I do kind of wish I could improve the resolution on my laptop, but it is
still working fine for me. My Asus EEE is still my only computer in my
life, I do absolutely everything on it. If I was doing graphic
design/layout it would not be workable at all, but I'd probably need a
desktop for that hassle anyways. The other thing I've noticed is that I
love my matte screen; I find it very easy to read in different lighting
conditions although of course direct sunlight is tough. It's so workable
for reading for me that I read all of Paradise Lost on it last quarter for
school. No, I do not recommend that, but more because of the experience of
the reading rather than the quality of the screen...

The next-gen EEE is intriguing to me; I don't regret my purchase of the
4g, but a bigger screen would be a little nicer. I've decided that if Asus
or other manufacturers continue making little machines like this I'll
probably buy a new one every two to three years, especially if they
continue to offer Linux natively on them.

I've never had a computer that is more _useful_ than this one - I use it
all the time, wherever I go. Never thought I'd really be one of those
asshole laptop guys in the coffee shop, but here we are - except I'm That
Guy on the bus, in class, outside class, at lunch, etc etc

Derf