[NBLUG/talk] OLPC to scrap Linux for Windows..

Steve Johnson srj at adnd.com
Wed Apr 23 11:19:45 PDT 2008

OB Quote:

"In an attack on pro open saucers, Negroponte slammed "the
fundamentalism in some of the open-source community" and reckoned that
by pushing the free, open-sauce software on OLPC XOs, the company was
scaring people away. "One can be an open-source advocate without being
an open-source fundamentalist" he snarled."

Wow...  I really thought the OLPC was real special because of the open
source OS that it was running.. Now I'm just not sure how I feel about
these guys.

Link to article :
http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/04/23/olpc-scrap-linux-windows

Anyone know if this is true?  I do not know much about the web site I
read this on.

-Steve

--
"Knowing others is wisdom; Knowing the self is enlightenment;
Mastering others requires force; Mastering the self needs strength." -