[NBLUG/talk] Servers rebooting every hour

Bob Blick bbblick at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 5 20:21:20 PST 2008

This seems to have attacked two different machines - one with Gentoo,
then the Ubuntu machine. The Ubuntu machine started doing it when it was
used as an emergency replacement for the Gentoo server, and had
mail(postfix), apache2, and a few other essentials installed for your
standard business web presence. I am really starting to suspect some
sort of enemy action here. Has anyone heard about something like this
happening elsewhere?

Two minutes after the hour, started today at 11AM on the emergency
machine. Every hour.

As a side note, I'm watching "Invasion" the new remake of "Invasion of
the Body Snatchers", so I'm feeling very paranoid.

Thanks,

Bob