[NBLUG/talk] Network problems

Sean seanvanco at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 12:20:03 PST 2008

Is this a DHCP setup, or did you specify a static IP?

I'm not familiar with Xen, so I'll ask this in two ways. If you have
/etc/networks/interfaces, could you post the contents? If not, please
post the contents of the /etc/xen/xmdomain.cfg file

I'm taking a bit of a stab in the dark on this (google searches), but
hopefully this will help. It sounds like the gateway IP isn't set
correctly, and what you posted above doesn't shed much light on the
issue.

netstat-r should have an entry similar to this if the default gateway
is correctly set:

Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags   MSS Window  irtt Iface
192.168.1.0     *               255.255.255.0   U         0 0          0 eth0
default         192.168.1.1     0.0.0.0         UG        0 0          0 eth0

Sean