[NBLUG/talk] I want to play Windows games on Fedora

Jack Smith jack.delbert at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 06:26:31 PST 2008

OK, one of the other Nancy Drew games works fine in Wine once I stopped
trying to play it in a small window.  I'll see if this has anything to do
with my Blue Moon Canyon problems later or if it's just going to be a
problem with that game.

On Jan 9, 2008 5:34 PM, Robert P. Thille <list-nblug-talk at rangat.org> wrote:

> Jack Smith wrote:
> > OK, after days of getting Xen working I find that it won't load Windows
> > unless my CPU supports full virtualization.  Which it doesn't.  KVM
> > won't even run without the right CPU.  So, what do I have available to
> > let me do this?
>
> Well, depending on how fast your machine is and how graphics intense the
> game is (solitare? or WoW?), VMWare might be just the thing...
>
> Robert
>
> --
> Robert Thille                7575 Meadowlark Dr.; Sebastopol, CA 95472
> Home: 707.824.9753    Office/VOIP: 707.780.1560     Cell: 707.217.7544
> rthille at mirapoint.com    YIM:rthille     http://www.rangat.org/rthille
> Cyclist, Mountain Biker, Freediver, Kayaker, Rock Climber, Hiker, Geek
> May your spirit dive deep the blue, where the fish are many and large!

Jack Smith

English doesn't borrow from other languages -- English follows other
languages down dark alleys and takes what it wants.