[NBLUG/talk] Ubuntu: the Microsoft of open source?

mendozae at sonoma.edu mendozae at sonoma.edu
Sun Jan 13 18:14:34 PST 2008

I read someone post an accusation that Ubuntu has become the Microsoft of
the open source community because of its popularity and widespread use.

I felt that this was unfair because, among other good reasons, people in
the open source community will always have a choice. At least for now,
people have chosen Ubuntu because it has earned it through quality and NOT
through monopoly and manipulation like Microcrap.

Any thoughts?

Edward