[NBLUG/talk] Can't connect to the Internet

Roger House rhouse at sonic.net
Thu Jan 31 14:07:23 PST 2008

Once again, thanks to everyone who is helping me with this.  --  I set up
resolv.conf as suggested by Ken, and presto! I can connect with the
Internet
again.  A big relief.  (By the way, the sonic.net IP address may be
there because
I have an account with sonic, and up until a couple of months ago they were
my ISP via DSL.  I now work where there is no DSL, hence the move to
Comcast.)

However, all is not yet ideal.  Although I seem to have full access to the
Internet, I am now not able to VPN to the remote machine.  When I run
vpnc-connect as I always have in the past, I now get this error:

    /etc/vpnc/vpnc-script:  1:  Cannot open /var/run/vpnc/resolv.conf-backup
        No such file

Despite this message, I am told that VPNC started in the background.  When
I run Terminal Server Client to connect, I get this error:

    szego.infocentricity.com unable to resolve host

That is the name of the remote machine I work on via VPN.  I have made no
changes at all to the scripts and procedures I use to VPN.

Any ideas?

Roger